Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Things Change...

This poem was written by an older lady in our church who just went to heaven. I thought it was worth sharing - I have a hard time trying to do things my way knowing that my Lord knows exactly what I need an when I need it. I like being reminded with a sweet poem that with the life lessons I tend to require.

Things Change

When you get to the end of your tether

And your energy seems to have gone,

When you’re weary and wondering whether

It’s worthwhile to keep struggling on.

When the fire has gone out of your spirit

And your armor has fallen apart,

Let go and let God do the fighting

Be still in your head and your heart.

When you get to the end of your courage

And there’s nothing much more you can do,

Try folding your hands for a moment

And letting God’s guidance get through.

Life can’t be altered by worry

Stop trying to push it your way.

Just let the good Lord take over.

You’ll find that things change when you pray.

By Adera Bradley

No comments: